Under the direction of the Manager, DMC Transfer Center and according to established policies and procedures, performs duties for the DMC Transfer Center to assist with centralizing and streamlining the process of receiving external transfers and Direct Admits.
1. Expedites and coordinates all transfers and direct admits from internal, as well as external facilities. Coordinates transfer activities with a DMC accepting physician, transferring physician and clinical and clerical DMC departments.
2. Coordinates physician to physician report between referring and accepting physician.
3. Coordinates nurse to nurse report.
4. Determines appropriate physical transportation according to the patient's diagnosis, and coordinates transportation with Superior Ambulance Company.
5. Coordinates all registration and bed assignment activities with each individual hospital site. Collaborates with multi-disciplinary colleagues to place patient in the most appropriate clinical setting.
6. Maintains appropriate log sheets.
7. Maintains and suggests enhancements to transfer database.
8. May perform other duties as assigned.
1. High School Graduate or equivalent. Completion of Emergency Medical Technician course.
2. Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
3. State of Michigan license for Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) and/or Paramedic.
4. EMT and/or Paramedic with two years experience.
1. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
2. Excellent communication and customer service skills. Ability to effectively communicate with physicians, families, patients and other hospital personnel.
3. Ability to adapt to new technologies used in the work environment.
4. Able to prioritize transfer needs of all patients from stable to urgent/critical.
5. High level of interpersonal skills and team work to effectively function as a team member of all services delivered in the patient care environment.
6. Good reading, writing and comprehension skills to effectively communicate and create procedures, processes and standards.
7. Physical ability to regularly walk and stand, move equipment as necessary.
8. Visual acuity and manual dexterity.
Ability to perform routine clerical functions such as, answering phones, taking messages, and retrieval of computer-based information.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Shift Begin: 7:00 PMShift End: 7:00 AM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005043548
About Detroit Medical Center Shared Services
Tenet Healthcare Corporation (NYSE: THC) is a diversified healthcare services company headquartered in Dallas with 112,000 employees. Through an expansive care network that includes United Surgical Partners International, we operate 65 hospitals and approximately 510 other healthcare facilities, including surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care and imaging centers and other care sites and clinics. We also operate Conifer Health Solutions, which provides revenue cycle management and value-based care services to hospitals, health systems, physician practices, employers and other clients. Across the Tenet enterprise, we are united by our mission to deliver quality, compassionate care in the communities we serve.