The Student Nurse Intern (SNI) is a member of the patient care services team with primary responsibilities for technical, multi-skilled direct and indirect patient care activities. The SNI is assigned to work under the supervision of a registered nurse who delegates tasks based upon patient needs and SNI skills and abilities. The SNI will report all deviations from expected patient parameters to the registered nurse. It is recognized that specific patient care tasks may vary widely in type and frequency from unit to unit or across service lines, based on the nature of the patient population being served. Therefore, individual units, or service lines, may appropriately add to or delete from the duties defined in the Student Nurse Intern job description when approved by nursing administration.
NOTE: This job is flat-rated and assigned to pay grade 867 in the Temporary Exception Range Hourly (TER) pay schedule. The rate paid is based on external market rates paid and internal equity with the Student Nurse Associate pay rate.
1. Collaborates and cooperates with care team members to ensure consistency and quality of care and promotes productive employee relations among staff members. Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and objective of continuous improvement, team work and the mission, vision and values of the DMC, and adheres to the DMC Customer Service Standards.*
2. Performs a variety of basic patient care activities under the direction of a registered nurse, such as bed making, bathing patients, vital signs and feeding patients.*
3. Assists the registered nurse by gathering data on patient conditions, direct patient observation, obtaining vital signs, recording oral intakes, monitoring input and output, weighing patients, recording/charting patient information and interacting with patient and family members. Reports changes in patient medical and/or emotional condition to the registered nurse. Documents interventions and patient responses according to policy. Assists nursing personnel in responding to various emergency patient situations.*
4. Assists patient in activities of daily living by feeding, bathing, toileting and other personal hygiene regimes.*
5. Follows all departmental policies, procedures and objectives; continuous improvement initiatives; safety environmental and infection control standards.*
6. Demonstrates sensitivity to patient comfort, privacy and confidentiality; expresses interest in patient progress. Answers questions from patients and their families and explains procedures and processes within the scope of their training/abilities. Maintains confidentiality.*
7. Performs various support service duties as required to meet unit and patient care needs, such as ensures adequate stock of patient care linens and other supplies; transports patients, specimens and/or supplies; cleans patient rooms, bathrooms and unit common areas; makes beds; removes trash; assists patients with menu selections; passes and picks up trays, snacks, water and other fluids; sets up and removes various pieces of equipment, etc.*
8. Enhances personal growth through participation in workshops, educational programs, in-service meetings and reviewing current literature. Shares joint accountability with the institution for maintaining competencies.*
9. Performs other duties as assigned.*
* The essential functions of this job include but are not limited to those marked with an asterisk.
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. A first-year nursing student, currently enrolled and in good standing, in an accredited school of nursing.
1.Good analytical and observational problem-solving skills.
2.Mathematical ability to perform calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division etc.
3.Ability to adapt to new technologies used in the work environment.
4.A high level of interpersonal and verbal skill and team work commitment in order to effectively function as a team member in support of all services delivered on the patient unit and to effectively communicate with patients, their families and other hospital personnel to address customer needs.
5.Good reading, writing and comprehension skills in order to understand, effectively communicate and contribute to procedures, processes, orders, methods and standards.
6.Physical ability to regularly (80-90% of work time) walk and stand; lift soiled linens and move equipment as necessary; assist patients in repositioning, bed to stretcher transferring, basic activities of daily living and maintenance locomotion requiring lifting (very heavy 60+ pounds), bending, pulling, pushing, standing and walking.
7.Visual acuity and manual dexterity.
8.Demonstrates willingness to make a meaningful contribution to the work environment as evidenced through behavior and attitude.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 7:00 AMShift End: 7:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005037167
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.