08:00-20:00 - Sat & Sun
Voted one of South Carolina’s “Best Places to Work” for 2019, the Lexington Medical Center Physician Network includes more than 450 physicians and advanced practice providers at 75 locations across the Midlands.
From general medicine and orthopedics to oncology and neurosurgery, these dedicated physicians, specialists and surgeons combine the highest quality care with advanced medicine and state-of-the-art technology to help patients achieve the best possible outcomes. As the third largest employer in the Midlands, we invite you to be a part of our ongoing success and join our LMC Family.
Responsible for the independent operation of sonographic equipment, and for performing and communicating results of diagnostic examinations using sonography. The sonographer is also responsible for assisting the Radiologist with invasive procedures in the acute care setting.
Ultrasound Technologist - Weekends
- Demonstrates competence to provide developmentally appropriate care/treatment and comfort measures while performing Ultrasound examinations for the following patient population: Infant (Birth to 1 year); Child (1 year through 12 years); Adolescent (13 years through 17 years); Adult (18 years to 65 years); Geriatric (over 65 years)
- Demonstrates appropriate communication of information to all ages and responds to all customers/ patients requests and needs. Provides or obtains appropriate assistance to non- English speaking patients.
- Assumes responsibility for the safety and well-being of all patients in the sonographic area/department.
- Performs sonographic examinations as ordered by the attending physician following department protocols.
- Coordinates with other staff to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public and health care team, assuring appropriate patient care is provided.
- Addresses problems of patient care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the problems.
- Demonstrates compliance to behaviors outlined in LMC's Service Expectations and Code of Conduct.
- Demonstrates ability to integrate diagnostic sonograms, laboratory results, patient history and medical records, and adapt sonographic examination as necessary to acquire the optimum diagnostic sonographic information in each examination performed.
- Demonstrates ability to work efficiently and cope with emergency situations.
- Abides by all LMC and Department policies and procedures.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment and work area and reports equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or staff member.
- Maintains adequate supplies/ resources needed for patient care in the most cost effective manner.
- Participates in the maintenance of department ACR accreditation.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
We are committed to offering quality, cost-effective benefits choices for our employees and their families:
- Day ONE medical, dental and life insurance benefits
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Eligible employees may also enroll in LMC's retirement plans on their date of hire, including the South Carolina State Retirement System (SCRS)
- Supplemental 401(k)
- 457(b) retirement plans
- Free life insurance – equal to 1x salary
- Adoption assistance
- 401(K) Match – LMC matches dollar for dollar up to 6%
- LMC provides its full-time employees short-term disability and long-term disability coverage after 90 days of eligible employment
- 529 College Savings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Student loan forgiveness