Good health care is key to a good life. At Banner Health, we understand that, and that's why we work hard every day to make a difference in people's lives. We've united under a common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. It's a lofty goal, but it's one we're committed to seeing through. Do you like the idea of making a positive change in people's lives - and your own? If so, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Health is looking for a Licensed Counselor to join our IOP Team! Bring your passion for behavioral health to Banner and be a part of a dynamic team making strides and implementing breakthrough strategies to outreach our mental health population.
If you are licensed by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health, then we want to hear from you! As a Crisis Intake Therapist you will assess patients and help cover groups and assist in building the Group Therapy program. This position is a full-time opening and will come with all the great benefits Banner has to offer! This postion will work a flexible schedule, Mondays - Fridays, and work at our Chandler and Scottsdale locations.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
For more than four decades, Banner Behavioral Health has provided nationally recognized, comprehensive behavioral health care for patients of all ages faced with the challenges of psychiatric, behavioral health, or chemical dependency problems. Six locations in and around Phoenix (including Chandler, Gilbert, Glendale, Phoenix, Scottsdale and Sun City West) make it easy for our patients to find help, and easy for you to have the neighborhood and lifestyle you want. Banner Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing safe, confidential and compassionate treatment.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assesses and coordinates behavioral health care to ensure the most appropriate level of care in accordance with all state and federal regulations as well as company policies and procedures. This position provides crisis assessment and support to patients and family members who are experiencing serious psychological or psychoactive substance abuse disorders. This position communicates effectively with multidisciplinary teams within organization and outside agencies.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs emergent/non-emergent behavioral health assessment of mental health and psychoactive substance abuse patients. Makes recommendations regarding patient's level of care needs and resources. Coordinates inpatient and outpatient admissions or alternate level of care facilities. Provides crisis stabilization therapy or intervention therapy skills during critically changing behavioral situations. Coordination with the patient's family, attending physician, or other hospitals and agencies may be required.
2. Conducts assessments in collaboration with other healthcare professionals as necessary to develop clinically safe patient dispositions according to state regulations.
3. Documents complete, accurate and timely in the medical record. Depending on assignment, incumbents with a current RN License may take Doctor's orders.
4. Conducts initial utilization review by obtaining treatment authorizations as appropriate with representatives of managed care or other necessary agencies/individuals. Documents accurately and coordinates with patient financial services and payers regarding treatment authorized.
5. Identifies the full spectrum of mental health disorders as listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM) and is knowledgeable of all state and federal protocols that pertain to the treatment/transfer of psychiatric patients.
6. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
7. Responds within hospital bylaws to requests for assessment and consultations within organization. Provides emergency interventions and makes disposition recommendations to medical staff.
8. May be accountable for external patient placement, advocacy assistance and support to patients and families. Collaborates with all memebers of the healthcare team to develop, manage and communicate discharge plans.
9. This position is responsible for behavioral health assessments within organization. Internal customers: all levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team. External customers: physicians, payers, community agencies, provider networks and regulatory agencies.
Must possess a strong knowledge of counseling, psychotherapy or clinical social work as normally obtained through the completion of a master's degree or other health care related field.
Requires BLS (BLS is not required for employees working in Telehealth Behavioral Health Services).
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 2 years clinical experience. As required by state law, a licensure or acquired licensure within 6 months of assuming position in at least one of the following categories: social work, professional counseling or marriage and family (certification requires two years post graduate experience in a mental health setting or equivalent combination of education and documented supervised clinical experience). Requires extensive knowledge in the areas of psychotherapy, counseling or clinical social work. Must have a working knowledge of hospital operations, medical/nursing staff procedures, hospital and community resources. Excellent organizational, human relations, and communication skills are required to maintain good rapport and effective working relationships with internal and external customers. Banner Registry and Travel positions require a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital setting. Experience must include working in an acute care setting within the past 12 months as a Crisis & Intake Therapist in the specialty area.
Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R5838
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.