The Associate Clinical Director Convenient Care is Family Medicine Physician or Family Medicine Advanced Practice Provider (PA/NP) responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of convenient care services within CommUnityCare. Convenient Care is a care delivery philosophy and practice focused on providing same day access to patients with acute illness and injury at a walk in health center outside of the patient’s medical home. This position reports to the Director of Primary Care.
• Promote the mission of delivering care safely and effectively throughout the convenient care health centers in collaboration with nursing and operations leaders. • Responsible for all aspects of medical care provided in the convenient care health centers to include supervision of assigned providers, employed or contracted, in collaboration with nursing and operations leadership. • Monitor performance of all assigned providers and provide performance feedback and interventions as appropriate. • Assist in provider recruitment and training to ensure convenient care sites are properly staffed with qualified physicians and advanced practice providers. • Provides clinical expertise and guidance on aspects of care related to delivery of convenient care to clinical services and CommUnityCare. • Provide direct patientcare services in Convenient Care sites as scheduled. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrated expertise in relevant medical practices, protocol, trends and best practices. • Proficiency in the use of a computer, software packages and office machines. • Ability to provide leadership in the establishment and implementation of health care delivery mechanisms, strategies, tactics, standards and goals. • Strong business acumen as well as substantial knowledge and expertise in the health sciences. • Ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate complex data, clinical information, business needs and related issues in an accurate, objective and straightforward manner. • Strong attention to detail. • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Assumes full responsibility for patients receiving care within the designated health centers. • Works in tandem with the Health Center’s practice and clinical leaders to ensure a collaborative team oriented environment. • Leads and motivates the medical providers under his/her supervision; uses effective medical and people performance management processes. • Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of CUC. • Serves as the champion for Value Based Care initiatives and other initiatives that may impact the operations of CUC and/or the quality of patient care. • Performs objective annual evaluations of all direct reports with the input from the Practice Leader.
Three years of clinical practice with significant demonstrated experience in urgent care, convenient care, acute care of emergency management with a minimum of one year of demonstrated leadership experience working collaboratively with medical and operational leaders:
1. MD or DO from an accredited educational institution
2. Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician in the State of Texas or ability to obtain in a mutually agreed upon timeframe. 3. Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) registration for the purpose of writing prescriptions. 4. Board Certification in Family Medicine or passage of Board Certification examination within one (1) year of employment.
5. Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) through American Heart Association and Current Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers through American Heart Association.
ADVANCED PRACTICE PROVIDER (PA/NP):
1. Graduation from an accredited School of Physician Assistants OR Master’s degree from an accredited School of Nursing. 2. Unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant in the State of Texas OR unrestricted license to practice OR 3. Nursing in the State of Texas/current credentialing as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. 4. Current certification in area of specialty. 5. Current Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA) for the purpose of writing prescriptions. 6. Current Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) through American Heart Association and Current Basic Life Support Certification for Healthcare Providers through American Heart Association.
Internal Number: 2019-4135
CommUnityCare Health Centers is an outpatient community health network (FQHC) with multiple clinic locations spanning Austin, TX.