* Develops, produces, and delivers training for CDI on an ongoing basis. This includes monthly New Hire CDI training, CDI Preceptor Program, and on an as needed basis for current employees in the CDI Department.
* Audits new CDI members during their 90 day probationary period. Presents written and verbal updates to the CDI Managers and the CDI Director. Provides additional education based on results of audit and provides input for the 90 Day Evaluation.
* Audits 10% of reconciled cases for each campus on a monthly basis for the following scorecards: CDI Campus, CDI System, and AHS-Corporate.
* Maintains CDI website by reviewing and updating content on a regular basis. This includes, but is not limited to CDI regulatory information.
* Reviews and revises CDI Policies and Job Descriptions annually, or as needed.
What Will You Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Nursing Degree (RN, BS, BSN, or advanced degree)
Five years of acute clinical experience
Experience in Clinical Documentation Improvement and Acute Care
Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
Master's degree in Nursing Education or related health care related field
Experience educating in a healthcare or Clinical Documentation Improvement setting
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
Certified Clinical Documentation Specialist (CCDS) accredited by HCPRO or Association of Clinical Documentation Improvement Specialist
The Clinical Documentation Educator serves the AdventHealth Clinical Documentation Improvement (CDI) department system-wide. Develops, assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates procedures and processes for the system, offers continuing education, process improvement, and change management. Is actively involved in future planning and strategic development for system CDI needs, to include policy development, program development, ongoing audits for the system level and campus level, and quality improvement efforts. Works under general supervision and utilizes critical thinking skills. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
AdventHealth Greater Orlando (formerly Florida Hospital) is one of the largest faith-based health care providers in the United States. For 150 years, we have carried on a tradition of providing whole-person care that not only addresses patients' physical ailments, but also supports their emotional and spiritual well-being. We demonstrate the same level of compassion and care for our employees as well, doing all that we can to help them realize their full potential – both personally and professionally.