Under general supervision and following established policies and procedures, performs diagnostic CT exams utilizing appropriate imaging equipment. Verifies patient identity and reviews patient's medical record for appropriateness of exam or procedure. Interviews patient to obtain, verify or update medical history and assesses risk factors such as medications, pregnancy and/or psychological indicators. Explains procedure to patient, including side effects of pharmaceuticals administered, risks, benefits, alternatives and follow-up. Sets up equipment and acquires appropriate images as per script. Reviews images, makes initial observations, documents exceptions from established protocols and communicates data to radiologist. Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies as appropriate. Provides physician-prescribed post care instructions to patients. Participates in process improvement activities within radiology practice including but not limited to quality of care, patient flow, reject-repeat analysis and patient satisfaction. Provides imaging education to residents, student technologists and new employees. Able to take call/standby as required by the department. May perform the duties of a Radiologic Technologist, as needed. #LI-JH1
1. Registered by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology (R) or Computed Tomography (CT) preferred.
2. Required to have or successfully complete American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support - Healthcare Provider (BLS) training by end of orientation period.
3. One or more years of experience as a Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) in Radiology ï¿½ or advanced certification in Computed Tomography (CT)
1. Analytical and clinical skills necessary to determine the most age appropriate method of providing requested radiographs specific to patient's physical ability and/or limitations.
2. Interpersonal and communication skills necessary to deal effectively with and instruct patients who may be under physical/emotional stress; ability to comprehend and follow physicians verbal and written request and prescriptions; ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse atmosphere with a variety of hospital personnel and/or patients.
3. Technical knowledge necessary to operate equipment including but not limited to all specialized equipment and computers.
4. Ability to work productively and effectively within a complex environment, handle multiple/changing priorities.
5. Knowledge and understanding of American College of Radiology requirements for accreditation.
6. Physical stamina for frequent walking, standing, lifting and positioning of patients. Physical ability to stand, bend, push, pull, reach and lift in order to provide patient care.
7. Manual dexterity and visual acuity to operate and utilize all types of imaging equipment and supplies in order to produce images of acceptable diagnostic quality.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Shift Begin: 10:00 AMShift End: 6:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905023400
About DMC Sinai-Grace Hospital
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.