A licensed California Respiratory Care Practitioner with additional certification from the American Association of Respiratory Care as a Registered Respiratory Therapist, who will provide respiratory care in accordance to the Respiratory Care Practice Act, hospital policy and procedure manuals. The RCP 2 will provide respiratory care to inpatients and outpatients as ordered by the physician. Under the supervision of the Director, Clinical Manager or Technical Coordinator provides but not limited to basic respiratory care, emergency respiratory care, ventilator management and some cardiology procedures.
1. Current license with the state of California as a Respiratory Care Practitioner.
2. Current CPR card.
3. Current PALS card (will allow no more than 3 months after hire to acquire)
4. Current ACLS card (will allow no more than 3 months after hire to acquire)
5. Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (If employed before 1995 as an RCP2 the employee will be grand fathered in to current job description without being required to be registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care.)
1. Basic computer knowledge and skills.
2. 2 years experience in acute care.
Job: Respiratory Therapy
Primary Location: Lakewood, California
Facility: Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 1905021930
About Lakewood Regional Medical Center
“Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.