The Urgent Care Center (UCC) Registered Nurse is responsible for the supervision,
direction, implementation and evaluation of quality patient care during the assigned work
1) Management of patient care in the Urgent Care Center according to the nursing process to include assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. Actively participates in the promotion of quality patient care.
2) Leadership abilities are demonstrated in functioning as a professional role model, consumer relations and communication, problem solving and decision making and assistance in orienting and training personnel.
3) Collaborates with other healthcare providers to coordinate the patient’s plan of care.
4) Assumes responsibility for ensuring continued professional growth.
6) Participates in the UCC’s QPI plan.
7) Serves on Hospital committees and participates in committee evaluation processes as necessary.
8) Performs proficiency testing for Level II CLIA Lab License, if applicable.
Two (2) years previous experience in Emergency Room or Urgent Care Center nursing preferred.
B) Education & Training
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
C) Licensure, Certification & Registration
Current Pennsylvania license as a registered professional nurse.
BLS certification required.
ACLS certification required.
PALS certification required.
D) Other Requirements
Required to work weekends, holidays and rotating shifts.
Must be able to respond to changes in work schedule as necessary.
A) Reports to Practice Manager
B) Title(s) of positions supervised
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES: Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities. KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves. EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence. LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow. INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
ABOUT GEISINGER: Geisinger is a physician-led health system comprised of approximately 30,000 employees, including nearly 1,600 employed physicians, 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, and a 583,000-member health plan Geisinger is nationally recognized for innovative practices and quality care. Geisinger serves more than 3 million people in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and also in southern New Jersey with the addition of National Malcolm Baldridge Award recipient AtlantiCare, A member of Geisinger. In 2017, the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine became the newest member of the Geisinger Family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
** Does not qualify for J-1 waiver. We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
*Domestic partner benefits not applicable at Geisinger Holy Spirit.
Founded more than 100 years ago, Geisinger serves more than three million residents throughout 45 counties in central, south-central and northeastern Pennsylvania and in southern New Jersey. Our physician-led system is comprised of 32,000 employees, including 1,800 employed physicians, and consists of 13 hospital campuses, the Geisinger Health Plan, Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine and two research centers.