Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) (Operating Room, Variable Shift, 0.0-On Call) to Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Assess, plan, and evaluate nursing care needs before, during, and after a surgical procedure.
- Work closely with the surgical patient and the perioperative team.
- Prepare the surgical environment for the patient and the procedure being performed.
- Monitor, record, and communicate patient condition as appropriate using computerized documentation systems.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills, decisive judgment, and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses without a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) must obtain a BSN or higher within 3 years of hire. RNs with 20 years of RN experience will not be required to obtain a BSN
- Unencumbered Registered Nurse (RN) license in state(s) of hire, and wherever care is delivered. If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification at time of hire
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification within 12 months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification OR Emergency Nurses Association (ENA) Emergency Nursing Pediatric Course (ENPC) within 12 months of hire
- 12 months acute care experience working with the patient population similar to department of hire or completion of the specialty residency at St. Mary Medical Center
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- PALS and AORN certification encouraged
- Recent experience in perioperative services
- One (1) year experience in acute care
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence St. Mary Medical Center in Walla Walla, Washington is a full service hospital with some of the best technology, expertise, specialists and primary care physicians in the region. We have been named the 100 top hospitals in the United States by two separate, independent research companies, Solucient and Cleverly Associates. Walla Walla is located in the southeastern region of Washington state and offers a sunny, mild climate, the benefits of living in a historic college town, outdoor activities and excellent public & private schools at all levels.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Location: Washington-Walla Walla
Req ID: 129191