Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Charge Registered Nurse \(1\.0 FTE, Days\) to work for the Swedish Cancer Institute at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
The charge RN is responsible for daily operations of the SCI Treatment Center under the guidance of the managers\. This includes being a resource for staffing and patient concerns in addition, the charge nurse will assist in the management of the staff schedules, providing staff coverage as needed to accommodate the staffing needs on a daily basis\.
In this position you will:
- Be responsible for coordinating patient\-centered care activities, ensuring nursing care is adapted to individual patient needs based upon the nursing process, which includes assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Be accountable and responsible on a continuing basis for planning and providing comprehensive outpatient care to patients/families with cancer being cared for in the Swedish Cancer Institute, Issaquah\.
- Be responsible for triage, symptom management, patient/family education, and end of life care issues during operating hours
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing Baccalaureate degree \(BSN\) from an accredited school of nursing or must actively pursue and attain a BSN within six years of hire
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Washington
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS certification, or obtain ACLS within 6 months of hire
- Minimum of two years of relevant, recent clinical experience in oncology
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
About the Issaquah Campus\.
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Oncology Nursing
Req ID: 148997