Providence is calling an Emergency Department Technician to Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA. This is a 0.6 FTE Day Shift (0630-1900) Position.
In this position you will:
- Assist the Emergency Department staff with patients in all age groups including neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and/or geriatric.
- Perform a variety of tasks to provide safe and effective patient care which is consistent with departmental guidelines.
- Provide age specific patient care considerations for the population served.
- Provide general administrative and maintenance support.
- Perform as Health Unit Coordinator to provide coverage for breaks/lunches and/or sick call replacement if necessary.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Active MA-P (Medical Assistant Phlebotomy) Certification
- Active Nursing Assistant Certified (NAC) or Nursing Assistant Registered (NAR) Certification
- Maintaining certifications throughout their employment at PRMCE
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Past ED Tech Experience
- EMT Certification
- Experience in a fast-paced, emergency care environment
- Experience in an acute care facility or a pre-hospital setting
- Experience in Telemetry
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Regional Medical Center Everett in Everett, WA is the state's most award-winning hospital for medical care having received the HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence four years in a row. Our new state-of-the-art 12 story hospital tower and the implementation of an electronic medical records system will significantly enhance our patient's experience throughout the continuum of care.
The hospital is located in Snohomish County on the Sound and close to the mountains, so outdoor activities such as snow skiing, kayaking, and golfing are at your doorstep. The communities in Snohomish have all the comforts and appeal of small towns, with historical districts, beautiful homes, interesting boutiques, and unique restaurants, yet the city life of Seattle and Bellevue are just 30 minutes south, while the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, BC lies only 2 hours north.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Emergency Dept Techs
Req ID: 151222