Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Sleep Technologist \(Per Diem, Night shift\) to work in the Sleep Lab at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, WA\.
The Sleep Technologist performs comprehensive polysomnographic testing and analysis and associated interventions under the general supervision of the Sleep Lab Manager and/or the medial director and sleep staff physicians\.
In this position you will:
- Provide care for adult and geriatric patients\.
- Gather and analyze patient information, review history, allergies, medications and orders\.
- Complete and verify documentation, and explain procedure and orient patient\.
- Prepare/calibrate equipment, apply electrodes and sensors perform biocals, and perform routine positive airway pressure \(PAP\) mask fitting\.
- Follow procedure protocols such as MSLT, MWT, PAP and NPSG to obtain appropriate data, follow 'lights out' procedures to establish baseline, and perform polysomnographic data acquisition\.
- Assist with scoring sleep/wake stages by applying professionally accepted guidelines, assist with scoring clinical events, and assist with the generation of accurate reports by tabulating sleep/wake and clinical events data at this time\.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Successful completion of a polysomnogram program of no less than one year associated with a state licensed and/or accredited educational facility\.
- Current registration as a Polysomnographic Technologist with the Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologists \(BRPT\)\.
- Current BLS certification\.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- 6 months to 1 year experience as a sleep technician\.
About the Edmonds Campus
Swedish/Edmonds \(formerly Stevens Hospital\) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years\. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals\. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace\. We are a family\. We are a community\. Our mission is to improve the health and well\-being of the community through local, high\-quality and compassionate health care services\. On Sept\. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health\-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system\.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non\-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Sleep Lab/EEG
Req ID: 105914