Nurse Residency Program Opportunity in several Portland, OR area hospitals!
Our Residency Program transitions new graduate nurses into practice emphasizing inter-professional, collaborative, and patient-centered care. Our comprehensive specialty curriculum includes online and classroom based learning, clinical simulation, skills development and unit orientation with specialty trained preceptors. Our Core Fundamentals program is designed to support new graduate professional development through their first year of practice.
For this Residency posting we are excited to be offering positions in three of our Medical Centers in the Portland area:
Providence Portland, St. Vincent, and Willamette Falls!
We're excited to offer the rare opportunity to train in the following specialty areas:
Great compensation and benefits that start the same day you do!
Clinical Ladder Program
Click here explore our benefit portal:
* *Applications accepted Monday, April 10th - Friday, April 21st.
* *Interviews will be conducted Monday, May 15, 2017.
* *We have 3 different start dates: June 26th, July 24th, and August 21st.
* *Ability to work full time during your training period, but could be hired into a full time, part time, or on call position.
* *Available to work 8, 10 or 12 hour shifts.
* *Able to participate in all program activities throughout the 12 month period.
* *HireVue (video pre-screening questions) will be sent to all qualified candidates.
* *Clinical Instructor references will be required. (We will collect those from the top candidates through SKill Survey)
This posting is not for a specific job vacancy, but rather serves to establish interested candidate applications for multiple positions being offered.
In this position, you will:
- Provide professional, comprehensive nursing care for patients in an acute care environment.
- Work with a preceptor and assuming increasing responsibility during the residency.
- Be accountable for the delivery of coordinated, safe, compassionate, therapeutic, evidence-based quality care to patients and families, based on individual physical, emotional, and spiritual needs, and appropriate care strategies throughout the lifespan.
- Practice in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act in the state of employment, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Code of Ethics for Nurses, and the ANA scope and standards of practice.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Nursing degree/diploma required upon hire
- All Registered Nurses (RNs) without a minimum of a bachelor's degree in nursing must obtain a bachelor's degree in nursing or higher within 3 years of hire.
- Unencumbered RN license in Oregon and wherever care is delivered
- If RN holds a multistate license through the Nurse Licensure Compact (NLC), the RN must adhere to the requirements of licensure in the new state(s) of hire.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
- Completed a pre-licensure nursing program and is newly licensed. Length of time since graduation can vary; however, typically is less than 12 months from graduation.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in nursing
About Providence in Oregon
As the largest healthcare system and largest private employer in Oregon, Providence offers exceptional work environments and unparalleled career opportunities.
The Providence Experience begins each time our patients or their families have an encounter with a Providence team member and continues throughout their visit or stay. Whether you provide direct or indirect patient care, we want our patients to feel that they are in a welcoming place where they can be comfortable and free from anxiety. Our employees create the Providence Experience through simple, caring behaviors such as acknowledging and welcoming each visitor, introducing ourselves and Providence, addressing people by name, providing the duration of estimated wait times and updating frequently if timelines change, explaining situations in a way that puts patients at ease, carefully listening to their concerns, and always thanking people for trusting Providence for their healthcare needs. At Providence, our quality vision is simple,
"Providence will provide the best care and service to every person, every time."
Providence is consistently ranked among the top 100 companies to work for in Oregon. It is also home to two of our award-winning Magnet medical centers. Providence hospitals and clinics are located in numerous areas, ranging from the Columbia Gorge to the wine country to sunny southern Oregon to charming coastal communities to the urban setting of Portland. If you want a vibrant lifestyle while working with a team highly committed to the art of healing, choose from our many options in Oregon.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: RN Resident
Req ID: 145014