Providence is calling a Nuclear Medicine / PET Technologist (Nuclear Medicine, Variable Shift, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, MT. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Perform radiographic procedures at a technical level.
- Use your independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation via radiopharmaceuticals for radiologic diagnosis while providing radiation protection according to prescribed safety standards.
- Participate in clinical activities, including call, within Nuclear Medicine and PET.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Completion of a formal 24-month training program in Nuclear Medicine or demonstrated ability/competency in that area
- Training specific to the handling of FDG and operation of PET scanner
- Licensed Nuclear Med Tech by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or the Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification Board (NMTCB)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate through the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Experience with established procedures and protocols, have the ability to solve problems and improvise, prioritize and deviate from standard methods to achieve maximum, diagnostic results whether procedure is scheduled or emergent
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital and among many other awards, have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Diagnostic Imaging
Req ID: 143058