Providence is calling a Stroke Program Coordinator Registered Nurse ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to the Stroke Center at Providence Little Company of Mary Torrance, CA.
In this position you will:
- Manage stroke care services and work collaboratively with the Director of Cardiovascular Services.
- Be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring evidence-based standards of care for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke patients.
- Coordinate an interdisciplinary team to oversee the care of stroke patients
- Coordinate and develop patient education materials that address the needs of stroke patients
- Manage the stroke database
- Collect related data with the objective of analyzing for quality measures
- Address outcomes in this patient population and opportunities for performance improvement
- Develop a plan to address opportunities for performance improvement related to the care of stroke patients
- Identify staff education needs and implement appropriate programs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current license as a registered nurse in the State of California.
- Bachelor's of Science in Nursing ( BSN )
- Requires basic medical terminology and abbreviations
- Experience with computer entry and word processing.
- Current Basic Life Support ( BLS ) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support certificate ( ACLS )or within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to accurately complete assigned tasks, must be detail oriented, and able to organize work and prioritize assignments.
- Must have knowledge of requirements to maintain certification as a primary advanced stroke center.
- Must possess leadership skills, clinical expertise in stroke care and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have some knowledge of the financial and operational aspects of health care.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree in nursing or health related field
- Course work or experience in areas of adult education and quality improvement
- Min 3 years experience in neuroscience care with an emphasis on stroke care and neurology
- Acute medical or rehabilitation nursing
- Demonstrated experience with program development
- Certification in Neuroscience ( CNRN )
About the ministry you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center,Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet® Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Cardiac Care Nursing
Req ID: 148409