Providence is calling a Full time, Variable shift Registered Nurse - Operating Room to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance in Torrance, CA.
**Sign On Bonus - For External Applicants. Caregiver Referral Bonus Eligible
In this position you will:**
- Provide and supervise professional, independent nursing care for Providence patients, that is as evidence-based as possible.
- Provide care that is based in the nursing process and is consistent with the California Nurse Practice Act, the American Nurses Association (ANA) Scope and Standards, and the ANA Code of Ethics.
- Apply knowledge of assessing, planning, ordering, giving, delegating, teaching, and supervising professional nursing care delivery that promotes patients' optimal health and independence.
- Have a broad range of general nursing knowledge and expertise. In addition, development and validation of knowledge and skills essential to the assigned department, patient population, and/or practice area are crucial.
- Participate in and lead clinical teams.
- Supervise, assign, or delegate to licensed vocational nurses (LVN), unlicensed assistive personnel, and other caregivers as needed.
- Performs all duties in a manner that promotes effective team functioning and reflects the Sisters of Providence and Little Company of Mary mission and philosophy and the Nurse's Bill of Rights.
- Current California RN license
- Current BLS required at time of hire; American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider.
- Relevant training and certification applicable to the position, as specified by Nurse Manager
- Minimum one year Operating Room experience in acute care hospital setting.
- Nursing degree/diploma upon hire
- Bachelors of Nursing (BSN) or higher required within three (3) years or 20 years of RN experience
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Scrub experience
- Moderate sedation experience
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is a 436-bed non-profit hospital serving the greater South Bay communities of Los Angeles since 1960. We are proud of our reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology, and a distinct focus on providing care with a personal, healing touch. In addition to the finest general medical, surgical, and critical care services, we offer a number of specialty programs including Cardiovascular Services, Women's and Children's Health, Oncology, and Emergency Care.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance is proud to be recognized as a Magnet Designated Hospital. We are the only South Bay area hospital to be named a 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health; a distinction we have held four years in a row. As a recent recipient of the Premier Award for Quality by the Premier healthcare alliance and the American Hospital Association McKesson Quest for Quality, our commitment to outstanding patient care and operational efficiency is clear.
As a member of Providence Health & Services, a Catholic-sponsored healthcare ministry, we believe strongly in respecting the dignity of each person and give special concern to the most vulnerable members of our community.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Surgical Services (Intraop)
Req ID: 148592