Providence is calling a Registered Nurse, Clinical Staff Supervisor ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Providence Medical Institute Family Clinic location in Carson, CA.
In this position you will:
- Oversee direct patient care in the clinic as well as facilitate patient care flow.
- Work in close collaboration with Practice Manager to ensure competency of clinical and non-clinical staff.
- Mentor and develop all staff members.
- Ensure all duties are performed in a manner that promotes team concept and reflects the Providence Health & Services mission and philosophy.
- Assist with maintaining compliance to professional nursing standards and regulatory requirements, and support physicians and staff in delivering quality health care to patients taking into account the patient's individual physical or age-related needs.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current California Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association
- Minimum 2-years' RN experience in an acute hospital or clinic setting.
- Minimum 2-years' experience in a progressive leadership role.
- Previous experience developing key relationships within an integrated delivery system such as hospital, health plan and support departments.
- Ability to successfully work with Medical Assistants, Licensed Vocational Nurses, Registered Nurses and Providers in designing, implementing and monitoring key operational initiatives.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN).
- Emergency Room or Urgent Care experience.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records, Windows, and Excel-based software.
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association.
About the Providence Medical Institute you will serve.
Providence Health & Services Southern California is further developing its physician integration strategy. Historically, the largest asset has been Providence Medical Institute, a medical foundation that provides administrative and other support services to affiliated medical groups. Providence Medical Institute is expected to grow significantly in the next several years, bringing with it facilities, staff and physician growth to support that objective.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinic/Ambulatory Care Nursing
Req ID: 147705