Come Share Our Spirit.
Come Share in Our Profound Rewards.
Presbyterian Homes life plan communities offer an exceptional environment of caring—for our residents and our professionals. Viewing each resident as a whole person, we speak a different language, one that begins with such important values as excellence, kindness, teamwork, and communication.
We invite you to share the spirit of commitment that makes our community in Evanston, Illinois among the most highly regarded of such venues in the Chicagoland area. In addition to other rewards, you'll have the pleasure of getting to know our wonderful residents. If you have a passion for the well-being of others that's surpassed only by your knowledge and talent, we are seeking the area's finest professionals to join our team of:
A Presbyterian Homes Community
Located in Evanston, IL
Sign-on Bonuses Available for RNs!
The compassionate professional we select will have the opportunity to maximize their clinical skills and relationship-building abilities within our beautiful, supportive work environment. Responsibilities include providing direct and indirect nursing care to residents within an assigned area, and in accordance with our standards of professional nursing and person-centered philosophy of care.
- Supervising nursing assistant staff in direct resident care, including verbal and written reports; observation of CNA interaction with and care of residents; participating in development of person-centered plans of care; making rounds and receiving feedback on patient status; and providing job-performance information.
- Accepting responsibility for clinical care of assigned patients, while observing and preserving each resident's rights.
- Making rounds on residents at least three times each shift to assess for changes in condition and response to care and treatment.
- Monitoring the status of patients with acute conditions and/or problems.
- Administering medications and treatments in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Taking appropriate action in urgent and emergent situations.
- Anticipating and acting to ensure a safe environment.
- Collaborating with the DON or supervisor to evaluate CNA performance.
- Completing a nursing assessment upon the admission of each patient, including physical, functional, and psychosocial status.
- Communicating changes in condition with resident families.
- Participating in interdisciplinary care conferences and collaborating with other disciplines.
- Communicating with physicians regarding resident/patient status.
- Documenting information in the medical record.
- Participating in staff-development programs and unit meetings.
- Current licensure as an RN in the state of Illinois.
- Graduation from an approved professional registered nursing program.
- One or more years of experience as an RN in a hospital general-care or long-term care setting, preferably in a management/supervisory capacity with an adult patient population.
- Current CPR certification.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- A strong interest in and affinity for working with older adults.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively direct nursing assistants.
- Working knowledge of aging changes and common health problems of geriatric patients.
- Basic PC proficiency, including the ability to learn/use standard software functions to enhance resident/patient service, assessment, and clinical documentation.
- Ability to regularly lift/move patients and/or equipment weighing 50 pounds or more.
Our commitment to our residents' well-being begins with an unwavering commitment to our own team members. To this end, we will reward your contributions with medical/dental/disability insurance, 403(b) retirement plan with company match, scholarship programs, an on-site fitness center, a confidential employee assistance program, and more.
For prompt consideration, please visit/apply online at: www.PresbyterianHomes.Jobs
We are an equal opportunity employer and promote diversity in the workplace.